Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: PeopleSystems
Keep premises of facility in clean, safe, and orderly condition by performing the following duties. Responsible/Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all recorded documentation pertaining to your job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and polish lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Polish metalwork.
- Wash walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Wash windows, door panels, screens and sills.
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Cut and trim grass, shovel snow, salt walkways and maintain exterior grounds.
- Paint and perform minor carpentry and repair work.
- Assist with fire drills and evacuation drills.
- Keep work area and storage rooms neat and orderly.
- Pick up work order requests daily.
- Hose down patio and walks as needed.
- Aid residents with snow removal from cars.
- Help residents move in/out of the facility.
- Move furniture within the facility as needed.
- Hang pictures, bulletin boards, and other wall hangings.
- Empty grease trap in kitchen on the 15th of every month.
- Label and store residents’ personal belongings in basement storage area.
- Keep all entranceways, exits, and hallways free of debris.
- Monitor fire door to ensure that doors are not propped open.
- Place patio cushions outside at 8:00am and bring them in at 4:30pm daily, weather permitting.
- Wash tables and ashtrays every morning.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to we and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.