Clean common areas and residents’ room/apartment according to schedule, and maintain a healthy and attractive environment.
- Clean all common areas, including guest restrooms according to schedule. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Dusting all furniture, common area items, handrails, and hanging pictures
- Cleaning glass surfaces
- Cleaning doors, doorways, and walls of fingerprints or other dirt
- Vacuuming upholstery furniture according to schedule
- Cleaning and disinfecting common areas and resident bathrooms
- Mopping common areas and bathrooms floors
- Cleaning and disinfecting soiled utility bins according to schedule
- Cleaning and organizing laundry areas and storage closets according to schedule
- Clean residents’ room/apartment according to schedule. This includes but is not limited to:
- Vacuuming carpeted areas
- Dusting furniture
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathroom
- Launder residence linens, towels, sheets, and other items according to schedule and as needed.
- Launder the residents’ personal clothes, sheets, and towels according to schedule.
- Ensure that residents’ personal items remain separate at all times and are returned promptly to the residents’ room/apartment once laundered.
Regulatory Compliance and Sanitation
- Comply with OSHA, MSDS, and residence policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the housekeeping cart and other supplies are in a safe area as to prevent any injuries to residents, employees, or visitors.
- Ensure that hazardous cleaning products are properly stored and labeled
- Properly dispose of soiled clothing or linens in accordance with infection control standards.
Physical Job Requirements
To fulfill job requirements, employee must be able to perform key physical task for extended periods of time. Proper body mechanics and safety measures as prescribed by the residence must be used.
In a typical eight- hour day, employee will:
- Stand/walk up to eight hours a day
- Sit up to two hours a day
- Frequently support up to 70 pounds
- Frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Frequently kneel, bend, and reach
- OSHA Standards
- MSD Sheets
- Sensitivity to residents
- Any additional training or certifications required by the residence